Which is to say, bourbon is icky.
And hellloooo Wednesday. While last week seemed to go by in the blink of an eye, this week is seriously dragging. Seriously. A few things at work are annoying me and there never seems to be enough time in the day – outside of work – to do everything I want to do.
At least there is wine, the bf and a treadmill. In no particular order. But probably the bf first. With a wine. On a treadmill. (Bf, if reading, totes you first, totes).
- I know more than I think I do. Turns out working the corporate marketing life for eight years does impart some learnings. It’s nice to know stuff. Awesomesauce.
- While I L.O.V.E those do nothing weekends, it’s actually nice to mix it up and have crazy busy ones every now and then. Last weekend was spent having walkabouts, meals out and visiting rally cars. Good times!
- Not everyone knows about Fergburgers! How is this possible? Karen, you’re totally welcome.
Due to life getting cray cray busy throughout April and May (weekends away, weddings, my birthday) A-Z dating kinda got away from us, so we’re a bit off track to do them all by the end of the year, but we’ll still give it our best shot!
The last date I wrote about was E date, where I took bf to Eight at the Langham. After that he took me on a ‘Funny’ date - to the comedy festival.
Then it was my turn: G
Well. I totally made them. I can’t remember if it was that night or the next night, but they were definitely in my belly within 48 hours of posting that.
And boy they tasted goooooood.
This is not a recipe to win friends. It’s not a recipe to make when you’re trying to impress people. It’s not a recipe to make if you’re actively trying to not get fat.
It’s a recipe for close friends. Friends you don’t mind sharing cheese with. It’s a recipe for comfort food.
Like a Friday night when you have a cold and you have friends coming for dinner.
Also, if you have friends coming for dinner…this could totally fill them up and leave them unable to eat dinner. Until 10pm when you kind of force it down them, and then send them home with half the dessert cos they’re too full to eat it. Yeah.
It’s been a week of yummy food! YAY!
June 17 - Possibly my first eggs bene of the year! I <3 hollandaise.
Nothing says you care like a mini muffin.
It’s all like “here’s how much I love you” cos you fully went and baked some shizz. But then it’s also a bit “but don’t eat too much now, cos you’re a bit chubs” cos it’s so small and stuff. But not really on that last point. Because I really made them that small so you wouldn’t feel bad when you eat four in one go. Which I totally did. No judgement please.
That one on the bottom left didn’t fall over, it just wants to be your friend. Say hi!
There are these women. They are awesome. I don’t actually know them though. Through the wonders of modern technology, I feel like I kinda sorta know them, and that I know too much about them given I don’t actually know them, y’know?
I get social media. I used to work in a role that meant I always had one eye on it at all times. Though I use it less frequently these days, and mostly to talk crap to people who aren’t even listening, it works for me.
Wanna know something totally uncool? I’m getting sick…again! Just another cold, not the end of the world etc etc, but it’s so annoying. It means I’m not as good at the gym, if I can even go, and all I want to eat is comfort food - not good for the waist line!
- Jersey Boys didn’t suck. I didn’t know the back story at all, but the show was actually really entertaining. Bf was even dancing in his seat!
- I am definitely not a morning person. Last Thursday I had a breakfast thing to attend. Had to be there at 7am. I realise this isn’t that early for most people (and anyone with kids will be laughing at me) but damn…that was hard. Especially after the late night the night before watching Jersey Boys!
- I am getting better at doing deals with myself. “Eat the cake, but do an hour on the treadmill”. Ok! Is this a good thing though? Probably not.
Another Sunday night right now … another Monday morning tomorrow.
June 10 - Square cookies.
I can’t decide if this week has flown by or not. It doesn’t matter. Whatever.
- It annoys me when I can’t go the gym. Last went on Sunday and due to a busy week, next time is Thursday night. This makes me think I should be eating healthier. I sort of am. But not really.
- Things can be surprising.
- I’m not a half bad editor. I used to suck, but now I’m getting better at that than I am at writing. Poobum.
Fresh fruit juice is something I go through phases with. I got a juicer back in my Welly days, probably around 2007 or 2008. I used it a lot that first weekend, then it gathered dust. Every year or two it would come out for a week or two, then be relegated back to the back of the cupboard.
A few weeks ago I watched Fat, sick and nearly dead. It was good. I’m under no illusions that it promotes ‘just another diet’ and nothing is probably that healthy long term. But it reminded me of my juicer, sitting in the back of the cupboard. I figure since it is pretty healthy for you (provided there are more vege than fruit in it) I should use it more often. The bf was pretty keen too.
I’m no longer sick! Yay! Actually, I got over it really quickly. Having four days of blobbing really helped that along. But I did learn one thing - don’t go back to the gym until you’re definitely 100% - I almost fainted. Eep!
June 3 - Chocolate pudding leftovers!
Long weekend plus a day of sick leave = 4 days off work = 4 days of me spent lying on the couch.
- I get bummed out when I am not capable of doing what I planned. Enter, 17km walk I had planned for the long weekend. Too sick = no can do. Bummed.
- Days go by reallllly fast when all you do is lie on the couch or your bed.
- I can be assertive! Woohoo!
It was inevitable really. The bf was sick, work was busy and I wasn’t taking care of myself. I got sick. My brain got muddled. And I have officially FAILED my photo a day challenge. I missed taking my photo on Thursday. Surprisingly, I wasn’t totally gutted. I’m still going though, just sans one photo. C’est la vie.
May 27 - Bubbly and extra vege pizza = balanced diet