Wednesday write-up #29
So everyone is caught up in Olympic fever huh? I want to watch more of it, but given that all the competing happens when New Zealand is asleep, and I don’t have pay TV to be able to record/watch it, it’s kinda difficult. I end up with a couple of highlights shows and reading about it all online. Le sigh.
- Old friends are good friends and that sometimes you just have to remembering that some people are terrible at picking up the phone, but it doesn’t mean they like you any less.
- Empire Records will never age. Also, Crossroads (yes the Britney Spears one). I know that last one is a bit of a poor choice, but it was actually perfect for a catch up with over the weekend. Complete with chips and dip, lollies, bubbly and Thai. Legit combination.
- The movie cinema has popcorn flavour shakers. I have no idea what flavours but I’m going to try one on Friday night. I hope they’re tasty. Also, anyone else totally love mixing maltesers in with their popcorn? No? Just me? Try it.
- THREE movies this weekend. Off to see the new Batman movie at IMAX as well as two film festival movies. It’s the last weekend of the festival this weekend and this year we will have seen four flicks, which is about normal for us.
- CINNAMON ROLLS! We’ve got a work morning tea on Monday and it’s the usual ‘bring a plate’ affair. I looked through my pinterest boards last night and got the meanest craving for cinnamon rolls. Don’t mind if I do!
- HOLIDAY! 40 something sleeps to go and we’ve started booking the activities for while we’re overseas. Dubai. Abu Dhabi. Singapore. It’s going to be epic!
- Mega realistic today. Going for not working a day in my life and having bucket loads of money.
- Big long holidays every year.
- Everything else I ever wanted.
Don’t worry, I’m not fooling myself on those wants. Travelling all year long wouldn’t make me happy, and I’d probably get bored not working ever again (or more likely, become a totally lazy sloth). Some things are worth working for. But only some.
Get back to your Wednesday.